Xerago is a multi-national Customer Value Maximization company with offices in San Francisco Bay Area, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai and Mumbai. Xerago works with organizations where customer revenues are spread over the lifetime of the relationship, such as Retail Banks, Insurance, Telco, Retailers, ECommerce, Hospitality and High Technology companies, to name a few. Xerago’s mission is to help organizations drive continuous, ongoing value from their customers. We call this Customer Value Maximization. Xerago does this by operating at the confluence of analytics, technology and communication. Xerago operates on a Platform and a Service Delivery model. Xerago is proud to be contributing to the business growth of some of the largest brands in the world.
- Detailed understanding of and experience with Agile project planning and management methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Scaled Agile) workflow process documentation, and operational improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer/stakeholder management skills.
- Advanced skills with technology-focused Project Management tools.
- You must demonstrate high organizational, cross functional skills (i.e., should have experience to understand Technology, User Interface, Creative, Analytics etc.) efficient time management, effective communication, and team-oriented focus and will be able to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Day to day, the Project Manager manages the tasks (create Sub Task, Add Technical Note – i.e., Step by Step method to execute the Tasks), dependencies, and risks associated with one or more projects to ensure successful completion and adherence to quality standards, budgetary guidelines, and timelines. Your typical days would include the following activities:
- Manage projects, including identifying requirements, stakeholder involvement, risks, dependencies, deliverables, review and approval processes, and anticipated milestone dates and adjusting throughout the course of the project with proper communication throughout.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to conduct work breakdowns, identify necessary resources, and collect time and complexity estimates.
- Clarify and refine project objectives, acceptance criteria, budget, and work plan with technical teams and leaders.
- Communicate blockers, risks, recommendations, and escalations to leadership and stakeholders, proactively and consistently, to ensure needs are met and expectations are aligned.
- Align with product management teams in order to accurately represent business objectives and communicate project status in terms of business objectives.
- Train, coach and mentor the project teams in methodologies throughout the project lifecycle.
Challenges (also responsible) you’ll be facing in the role:
- Outstanding organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Practiced skill at managing multiple initiatives and work streams in parallel.
- Independent drive to become a subject matter expert in the technology that this position supports, such that the project manager can identify gaps, exposures, and contradictions in the plan and proactively rectify them.
- Natural comfort with taking the lead and respectfully guiding team members to expectations that achieve success.
- A knack for finding common ground and positive outcomes in difficult situations.
- Great listening ears to understand what is and isn’t being said.
- Strong initiative to understand new situations or complex tools, to ask thoughtful questions, and seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Genuine passion for learning new tools, processes, and formats.
- Positive and team-focused attitude, always.