Head – Data Science
Xerago is a multi-national Customer Value Maximization company with offices in San Francisco Bay Area, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai and Mumbai. Xerago works with organizations where customer revenues are spread over the lifetime of the relationship, such as Retail Banks, Insurance, Telco, Retailers, ECommerce, Hospitality and High Technology companies, to name a few. Xerago’s mission is to help organizations drive continuous, ongoing value from their customers. We call this Customer Value Maximization. Xerago does this by operating at the confluence of analytics, technology and communication. Xerago operates on a Platform and a Service Delivery model. Xerago is proud to be contributing to the business growth of some of the largest brands in the world.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to collaborate with functional and technical stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
- Excellent data visualization skills.
- Good understanding in statistics, and ability to design statistical hypothesis testing to aid formal decision making.
- Develops predictive models using Machine Learning algorithms (SVM, Random Forest, Neural Network, Decision Tree, Logistic Regression, K-mean Clustering, linear regression, PCA etc).
- Good understanding of word-to-vec algorithms.
- Ability to develop capabilities in Text Analytics ranging such as Topic Modelling, Text annotations, Parts of speech tagging, Paraphrasing, summarization, Voice to text conversion, language translations etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science/Machine Learning, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Experience in Programing (Python, R, SQL, NoSQL, Hive, Pig, Hadoop, Spark) with ML tools.
- Experience in Python libraries such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensor-flow, scapy, scrapy, BERT etc.
- Experience in building advanced NLP models is desirable.
- Experience in SAS, SPSS is desirable.
- Experience in Data processing & Visualization such as Tableau.
- Experience in Data science Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure).
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Engaging with clients, understanding complex problem statements, and offering solutions in the domains of Marketing, Banking, Insurance, etc.
- Contribute to internal product development initiatives related to data science.
- Develop data science roadmap, and guide data scientist to meet their deliverables.
- Manages a team in the assigned business area to ensure project and/or program objectives and business needs across multiple business domains (e.g. Marketing, IT, Insurance, Finance) are met.
- Allocates workload among team members and by taking into consideration employee availability, skill set, and current workload when making assignments.
- Providing required inputs to sales, and pre-sales activities.
Challenges (also responsible) you’ll be facing in the role:
- Should be flexible to work at any time during production escalation or during critical deliveries.
- Prompt action is required for all the jobs.
- Expected to have flawless delivery.
- Should be ready to attend client calls and understand the requirement/instruction clearly.
- Should be capable to transfer knowledge to others.
Job Location: Chennai
Job Title: Head - Data Science
Job Type: Full Time
Years of Experience: 8 - 12 Years