Xerago helped Royal Sundaram Alliance to increase insurance sales via digital channels using Direct To Customer application.
Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited (RSA), the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed since 2001, has been providing innovative general insurance solutions to individuals, families, and businesses. RSA offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individuals and has wide specialized insurance offerings in Fire, Marine, Engineering, Liability and Business Interruption risks for commercial customers.
Royal Sundaram Alliance (RSA) was looking to drive digital channel adoption by getting more people to use its Direct To Customer application (DTC) through which they could buy insurance products online.
The DTC application allows consumers to buy insurance online and also has a white labeling capability which allows a product or service produced by one company (the producer) to appear (re-branded) as if some other company (the marketers) had made it But the application was scale-inhibiting and restrictive. The current Content Management System (CMS) had limited capabilities and required the maintenance team to directly upload files. Moreover, the application was not accessible on mobile phones and tablets. Royal Sundaram approached Xerago to solve this.
Xerago analyzed RSA’s in-house CMS and identified the following;
- It was rigid and did not allow any scale- up easily.
- The existing DTC application was not responsive
- The cycle time for adding a single partner portal using DTC took 28 days
- Every modification or change to be effected on the website resulted in downtime
Based on the analysis, Xerago recommended a CMS platform switch to an enterprise-class CMS. Xerago evaluated a host of Enterprise Content Management Systems to identify a suitable CMS for RSA that could manage content easily and provide unlimited scalability. Xerago identified Liferay as an ideal CMS platform for RSA – Liferay is a leading open source platform, offering content management, collaboration, and social out-of-the-box solutions.
Xerago deployed Liferay in RSA’s environment and configured the DTC application as a portlet in the Liferay CMS platform. The new CMS allowed RSA to easily manage the application content without taking the website down each time. Further Xerago separated the front and back-end functions of the DTC application, so as to easily create customized insurance products for RSA’s partners. Xerago also made the DTC portal responsive by utilizing the features of Liferay and enhanced the application’s usability.
- The time it takes for creating a custom portal for a partner company, came down to 2 days from the earlier 28
- The Liferay CMS resulted in a high-performance scalable platform
- Increased insurance sales via online
- Zero downtime and business impact because there was now the ability to reload/load products without impacting the overall application.
- Usability on the portal dramatically improved because of the sheer responsiveness of the portal.