Marketing and Videos
Everyone knows the power that videos have – they have said that if a picture painted a thousand words, then a video is equal to 1.8 million of them!! Which is why marketers are starting to include videos as a part of their marketing strategy for their businesses.
- 70% of marketers say that video converts better than any other medium. People are more likely to buy something after watching a video about it
- About 100 million people watch videos every day!
- Users spend more time on websites with videos than those without
- Research finds that videos are great for smartphones – easy to get a quick idea of what it is all about
- Marketers say that the word “video” in email subject lines actually results in higher open and click through rates!
What’s not to love!
Having said this – what can marketers do with videos?
- They can use videos to build their brands – tell their story in the most engaging way possible. Since this is the best medium to use to get the attention of your audience, take care to make a compelling video that will get their attention and make them want to engage with you.
- They can advertise their product – tell the audience what a great product they have, and why users just absolutely need to have it. These videos can be posted on various Social Media platforms in order to drive traffic to their home page or their web pages.
- Videos can be used to teach – can be used for educational purposes. Difficult concepts can be explained. Car manufacturers can explain how the superior sensors in their vehicles work and can pick up any clues that can signal engine damage for instance.
And how can they do this?
- By making videos that can go viral – if people like a video, they share it with their circle of folks. And that opens up a whole new playing field to a marketer and a business. The better the video is, the more people will share. And the more they share, the wider their reach becomes. So the key is to make a video that begs to go viral.
- By making users go back to the main home page or web page. Now some people upload videos in various Social Media platforms for viewers to watch. A better way to do this is to put a play button there – and link it back to the website. This way, the marketer has his audience right where he wants them to be.
- By making videos that highlight the strengths of your company. Find the great things that the business does, its major strengths and highlight it in a stellar video. Videos can tell a story so well and it is up to marketers to make use of this medium to convey a great picture about the business and its strengths.
- By making videos that can tell audiences how the business or their products work. The best way to do this is to make videos that first pick up on a problem and show how their product or service can solve that problem. Do this well, and they have a very interested group of people who will quickly convert into customers.
All this being said, it is important to remember that a marketer has only a few seconds to get his customers’ attention. 10 seconds to be precise. Make them count!: